Friday, September 10, 2010

In a Yellow House: On the Water

I love this week's theme over at In a Yellow House. I am a Pisces, and feel most natural on the water. Not to get all hippie dippie, but it speaks to me and keeps me sane. Remember the book Memoirs of a Geisha? In that book the protagonist talks about how each person has an element that represents them. Her sister was wood - she was obstinant, hated changed and extremely tenacious. The protagonist was water - easily maleable, fell through the cracks and went with the flow. Its what saved her from her sister's fate. I always think of myself as been represented by the element of water. Those characteristics cover me as well.

Ok, enough with the metaphysical crap. Let's get to the fun stuff!

Here is one of my favourite sunset photos, taken on Waikiki Beach in Honolulu:
this was taken in my P&S days, so no settings to share.

Welcome back from your European Tour, IAYH :)

For more great interpretations, visit:
BWS tips button

4 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

What a stunning view.

Buckeroomama said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous picture!!

Joanna said...

Yay fellow Pisces! I can totally relate with what you described. & I enjoyed Memoirs of a Geisha as well! Anyway, your shot is absolutely breathtaking :)

Yellow House said...

I need to get to Hawaii soon! Such a beautiful photo!