Friday, April 30, 2010

Day at the Beach

I went to the beach yesterday on my lunch break (high noon - pretty much the worst time to shoot), and proceeded to nearly burn my eyes out of their sockets attempting to get some sunflare shots. Some of my results:

SS:1/800
Aperture:f/36
ISO:400
increased contrast via curves to add some punch to the blues

this is SOOC. Not sure what I want to do with it yet.
SS:1/200
Aperture:f/16
ISO:400
Focal Length:18mm

straightened horizon, upped contrast and brightness, ran a colour enhance
SS:1/3200
Aperture:f/5.6
ISO:800
Focal Length:58mm

In other news my replacement Lightscoop arrived (back from when my d60 was stolen; I hadn't replaced it till now), so I can retire the budget light bouncer (a side plate) I was using. Yay for being able to take pictures on the fly at night again! Photos of its capabilities to come soon.

No comments: