Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hanging Out for Love That Shot

Thursday's is Love That Shot's Link Up day. They ask that you share your photo plus tips on how you took it, edited it, whatever!

Here is one of my faves from the past week. This is K's newest trick - hanging on the swing, She loves to twist it around and kick her heels up. She loves that she doesn't need anyone to push her. I love that part too because I can just sit back and shoot.
SOOC:

SS: 1/400, Ap: F/2.5, ISO 400, 50mm

This is nearing sunset, with the sun probably dipped behind trees/clouds at this point. I am loving that the sun is setting so much earlier right now. It is usually in that golden hour in the hour before K's bedtime. perfect!
What I like about this was  the composition - she is in a strong rule of thirds position, there is little to no distraction around or behind her. I feel like bench acts as a nice leading line too, even though its part of the bokeh.
It looks a bit cool to me though.

Here is my edit:
I just brightened and increased contrast overall using curves. Then I went into the blue channel and pulled some of the blue out. I wish her pants wouldn't go so neon, but I again, I am so not good at the masking/layers game to know how to brighten the whole photo without this happening. This happens whenever I have pink in a photo. And with a baby girl, that is pretty much everyday. meh.

What shot do you love from this week? Come share them here:

7 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful processing...this looks so good.

Unknown said...

This is such a cute photo! I love how you captured your baby in one of her favorite moments. Your edit is fantastic. It added just the right amount of warmth and the perfect little boost. Thank you so much for sharing your photo with us at Love that Shot!

Jennifer said...

I love your edit...including the pink. Very nice shot.

Mamí♥Picture said...

Aww what cute picture!
I love how you clean it up!

Lizzi said...

Fantastic composition and edit! For what it's worth pinks and reds are hard for me as well, though I happen to adore her "neon" pants!

I think that's the best way to swing.

Unknown said...

What an adorable picture! Love the edit.

Misti said...

Oh, this is so sweet! She looks as though she's floating. I love the editing you did, it really brought out the colors.